Godło Polski
wyszukiwarka zaawansowana
Wybierz obszar
Zgłoś błąd
wyślij formularz zgłoszeniowy


Requirements for foreigners applying for admission to The University College of Applied Sciences in Chełm

A foreigner is a person who is not a citizen of Poland. People of the Polish citizenship, even if they are citizens of another country, are not foreigners, and according to the Polish law, they have to follow the requirements for Polish citizens to study in Poland.

Foreigners may enter the  The University College of Applied Sciences in Chelm and continue their studies there on the following principles:

  1. As Polish citizens (free of tuition)
  2. As foreigners – i.e. non-Polish citizens (tuition)

To apply for admission and study on principles binding for Polish citizens may those who are:

  1. Holders of the Polish Charter;
  2. Foreigners who are legal residents in Poland (Permanent Residence Charter);
  3. Foreigners who have been granted the status of refugee in Poland;
  4. Foreigners using temporary protection on the territory of the Republic of Poland
  5. Migrants who are citizens of EU countries, Switzerland, or an EFTA country as well as members of their families, if they are or were employed in Poland, and also their relatives if they live in Poland;
  6. Foreigners who were granted the European Community long-term residency in the territory of Poland;
  7. Foreigners who were granted a temporary stay in the territory of Poland with regard to Article 127; Article 159 part 1 or Article 186 part 1 point 3 or 4 of the Bill dated December 12, 2013, concerning foreigners (Dz. U. published in 2016, position 1990, 1948 and 2066, and published in 2017, position 60, 858, and 1543)
    • article 127 – temporary residency and work permit for highly qualified and skillful workers;
    • article 159, part 1 – temporary residency permit to join the family;
    • article 186, part 1, point 3 or 4 – temporary residency permit granted with regard to any other circumstances, that is when the foreigner is a holder of a long-term residency permit issued by another UE country, or the foreigner is a family member, as mentioned above.


  1. Foreigners who have been granted subsidiary protection in the territory of the Republic of Poland
  2. Citizens of EU Member States, member states of the European Free Trade Agreement (EFTA) – parties to the agreement on the European Economic Area or the Swiss Confederation and members of their families who have the right of permanent residency.

Candidates who do not meet any of the above conditions may apply for admission to studies on a basis different from this applicable to Polish citizens (tuition)


  1. Application to the Rector for admission to studies,
  2. Application questionnaire,
  3. Declaration of the statutory representative of the candidate on consent to study at the State Academy of applied in Chełm (in the case of persons under 18),
  4. A document equivalent to the Polish secondary school graduation certificate (Matura), entitling to study at a university, marked with an apostille or legalization (not applicable to IB and EB)
  5. Translation of all documents made in a language other than Polish made by a Polish sworn translator into Polish,
  6. Medical certificate stating that there are no contraindications to study. If it is drawn up in a language other than Polish, it must be translated,
  7. Insurance policy in case of illness or accident insurance for the period of education in Poland or the European Health Insurance Card or accession to the Insurance in the National Health Fund,
  8. Two color photographs format 35 x.45 mm
  9. Photocopy of the passport – page with photo (original available for inspection),
  10. Photocopy of Visas or permanent residency card or other document entitling to stay in the territory of the Republic of Poland (original for inspection),
  11. Proof of payment of the recruitment fee (PLN 85).

It is required to translate foreign documents into Polish by a sworn translator.

In addition, foreigners applying for studies at  The University College of Applied Sciences in Chelm must:

  • complete the one-year preparatory course to study in Polish in educational units appointed by the minister for higher education,
  • lub posiadać certyfikat znajomości języka polskiego wydany przez Państwową Koor have a certificate of Polish language knowledge issued by the State Commission for the Certification of Knowledge of the Polish Language as a Foreign Language,,
  • or will get confirmation by the Polish Language Commission of  The University College of Applied Sciences in Chelm that their preparation and the level of Polish language skills allow them to study in Polish.

Office where documents are deposited:

Foreigners applying for admission to study at   The University College of Applied Sciences in Chelm submit a set of the above-mentioned documents at the Foreigners’ Service Office of the International Cooperation Department, ul. Pocztowa 54, building C, room 301.

Contact person: Kamil Jaszczuk, MA
Tel. +48 82 562 06 13
Email: kjaszczuk@panschelm.edu.pl

Natalia Popek (Ukrainian language)

Email: npopek@panschelm.edu.pl

Tel. +48 786 036 154

Source documents:

  1. The Act of 27 July 2005 Law on Higher Education (consolidated text Journal of Laws of 2017, item 2183, as amended)
  2. Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of October 12, 2006 on taking up and pursuing studies and training by foreigners and their participation in scientific research and development works (Journal of Laws No. 190, item 1406, as amended)
  3. Act of December 12, 2013 on foreigners (Journal of Laws of 2013, item 1650, as amended)

Documents – foreign language